27 Mar 2019
Recipients of the Governor’s Multicultural Awards 2018 have been recognised at a ceremony celebrating South Australia’s cultural diversity.
His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia, presented the awards at the event held at Government House on Tuesday, 26 March 2019.
Congratulations to the 12 deserving award winners:
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award: Dr Hamoudi Neshmi Aldyni
- Arts and Culture Award: Sanaa: A better world through creativity and Mr Abdullah Teia
- Community Sector Award: Kilburn Peace and Welcome Garden
- Media Award: Ms Sowaibah Hanifie
- Private Sector Award: Neni's Dental Group
- Public Sector Award: City of Adelaide – Participation and Inclusion Team
- Senior Volunteer Award: Mrs Saru Rana and Ms Monica Chiappe
- Volunteer Award: Mrs Anna Blazeka
- Youth Award: Mr Gabriel Akon and Miss Vinuri Gange.
The Governor’s Multicultural Awards recognise individuals and organisations who have made an outstanding contribution to multiculturalism in South Australia.
Congratulations to all of the 2018 winners and finalists for their outstanding efforts to promote multiculturalism and increase understanding of the benefits of cultural diversity in our community!