The Governor’s Multicultural Awards celebrate South Australians who promote multiculturalism and increase understanding of the benefits of cultural diversity in our community.
Held annually, the awards are administered by Multicultural Affairs and presented by the Governor of South Australia on the advice of an independent judging panel.
Winners of the 2018 Governor’s Multicultural Awards were announced at an award ceremony at Government House on Tuesday, 26 March 2019.
His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia, presented the awards at the event, held in celebration of South Australia’s cultural diversity.
Twelve award recipients were chosen from 24 finalists across nine award categories:
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award: Dr Hamoudi Neshmi Aldyni
- Arts and Culture Award:Sanaa: A better world through creativity and Mr Abdullah Teia
- Community Sector Award: Kilburn Peace and Welcome Garden
- Media Award: Ms Sowaibah Hanifie
- Private Sector Award: Neni's Dental Group
- Public Sector Award: City of Adelaide – Participation and Inclusion Team
- Senior Volunteer Award: Mrs Saru Rana and Ms Monica Chiappe
- Volunteer Award: Mrs Anna Blazeka
- Youth Award: Mr Gabriel Akon and Miss Vinuri Gange.
You can read more about the achievements of the 2018 award recipients and finalists:
Previous Governor's Multicultural Awards
Established in 2008, the Governor’s Multicultural Awards have recognised and celebrated many South Australian individuals, organisations and communities since.
You can read more about the achievements of the previous award recipients: