Once all papers have been received electronically and policy briefings prepared, Cabinet Office compiles the Cabinet bag. The Cabinet bag is distributed electronically to ministers on the Friday afternoon and includes:
- the Cabinet meeting agenda
- a copy of each submission and its attachments
- a copy of each note and its attachments
- copies of the ‘Reds’
- copies of the ‘Blues’
- a copy of the note summary
- the Strategic Cabinet forward agenda.
Ministers are also provided with a final agenda in hard copy at the Cabinet meeting on Monday morning. The final agenda incorporates any changes made after the bag was distributed on the Friday.