27 Mar 2019
Winners were announced at an awards ceremony at Government House in celebration of South Australia’s cultural diversity.
The Governor’s Multicultural Awards acknowledge individuals and organisations for their outstanding contribution to multiculturalism in South Australia.
Twenty-four finalists were among the celebrated guests at the ceremony on Tuesday, 26 March 2019.
His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia, presented the awards to this year’s winners:
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award: Dr Hamoudi Neshmi Aldyni
- Arts and Culture Award:Sanaa: A better world through creativity and Mr Abdullah Teia
- Community Sector Award: Kilburn Peace and Welcome Garden
- Media Award: Ms Sowaibah Hanifie
- Private Sector Award: Neni's Dental Group
- Public Sector Award: City of Adelaide – Participation and Inclusion Team
- Senior Volunteer Award: Mrs Saru Rana and Ms Monica Chiappe
- Volunteer Award: Mrs Anna Blazeka
- Youth Award: Mr Gabriel Akon and Miss Vinuri Gange.
The Governor’s Multicultural Awards are held annually to celebrate South Australians who promote multiculturalism and increase understanding of the benefits of cultural diversity in our community.
More information about the awards, and the achievements of this year’s recipients, is available at dpc.sa.gov.au/governors-multicultural-awards