Our Strategic Communications team play an important role in ensuring South Australians have the information they need to understand the issues and opportunities facing the state and how they can participate in the government’s decision-making process.
The team assists all government agencies to deliver high-quality marketing and communications activities, with a strong focus on the South Australian Government Communications Plan 2016/2017.
Our Government Communications Advice team is responsible for providing across-government oversight of all external communications activities.
Government Communications Advice
Government Communications Advice provide ongoing strategic advice to agencies – including the provision of guidelines for marketing, communications and advertising - to ensure the community are effectively engaged on government policies and initiatives.
The team are responsible for:
- providing strategic communications advice to government agencies and Ministerial offices
- managing the Master Media Agency agreement for the South Australian Government
- providing oversight of Government expenditure on advertising
- facilitating all government marketing communications activity through the Premier’s Communications Advisory Group approval process
- providing ongoing administrative support and strategic advice to the Premier’s Communications Advisory Group
- initiating and managing the whole-of-government communications policy.
Government marketing and communications personnel are encouraged to visit www.govcommunications.sa.gov.au for more information, support and advice in improving the quality, value and effectiveness of their external communications.
For Government marketing and communications advice:
For media enquiries:
Department of the Premier and Cabinet
Phone +61 0407 743 068